Thursday, June 08, 2006

EXPLORE THE COASTLINE



This thursday I jumped into my car early in the morning and drove west to the coast, I have used a lot of time the last years to explore our coast, and find good fishingspots.
Saltwater flyfishing is one of my favourites, and in Norway we have some great oppurtunities to do that.


After driving a half hour I came to a real good spot, a place I have tried sometimes before, I rigged my Burkheimer 890 Saltwater, my Vortex, a nice Deciever and started my casting.

It was a lot of fish here, but I only got small ones. I got Pollacks and Saithes by the dozen.


I used many different flies today, like Decievers, Clousers and some Norwegian saltwaterpatterns. Of course tied on Owner or TMC hooks, that is the only hooks I am using for saltwaterfishing. Owner is my favourite:-)

After fishing about 2 hours, landed and realesed lots of smaller fish I hooked a big one.

That was a 8-10 lbs Pollack, I could see the fish coming up from the bottom, and it took the fly right under beneath the surface. That was a really strong fish, it swimmed into the seaweed to hide, and after a few minutes I lost the fish. It does not really matter, I did hook the fish, and it was great fun. A fine day it was at the coast today, conditions good also, with high tide and no wind. A beautiful day, and I used the oppurtunitie to take some photos, have added some of them here.


The photos shows magnificent nature and good conditions, oppurtunities for saltwater flyfishing are endless. This country do have a fantastic coastline with thousands of islands, here is really a lot to explore.

Soon I am going on my trips for Salmon and Seatrout, hope for more nice pics then.

Best regards

Chris <;))><

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home