Tuesday, July 04, 2006

SALMON AT "NAMSEN"

Yesterday I arrived from a great trip to the river "Namsen" .This year was the fifth time me and my fishingbuddys visit this river, and the conditions was good when we arrived.
After two days the temperature starting to get really high, and the river sunk about 40 centimeters, the watertemperature was suddenly over 15-16 degrees centigrade.
Then the conditions was not so good!
We observed a lot of fish on its way up the river and I got 3 salmons, not the biggest ones but great fishes after all.

The Salmons weight was 3 lbs, 5 lbs and 11 lbs, I was satisfied with that. The only stupid thing was that the other guys did not get any catch, we are a group of 7 fishers and it had been nice if everyone got a Salmon.



The river "Namsen" is called "the queen of the Norwegian rivers", and the total weight in catches of Salmon and Seatrout each season is 30000- 40000 kg!


I hooked all my Salmon on a tubefly variant that I tied myself, it consists of green, grey and brown Foxtail and Temple Dog, green/yellow Hen hackle, Teal, grey Heron hackle, Jungle Cock, green and silver Angel hair/Lite Brite, a 3/4" - 1/1/2" tube with silver cone head, holographic silver and a silver rib/Veniard no. 14. This is about what I use to make the fly, of course I ty the fly in different sizes and proportions.

And the most important on the fly is good hooks, I have said it before, I love Owner and Owner tubefly hooks is just the best. Fantastic hooks!

My Fenwick 15" doublehanded rod with Bringsen Black Shadow Salmon reel and a Rio Classic DT Speyline #11, was superb gear to fight the fish with.

I also used another rod/reel this time, a Redington 13", Scientific Anglers Mastery Salmon reel and Guideline Power Taper lines, good fishing gear.


Like the other years we also fished in a smaller river which is connected to "Namsen", the river "Sandoela", a fantastic river, have posted some photos from that river as well. We did not get any fish here this time.

From Bergen where I live it is a 13 hour drive to "Namsen", approximately 900 kilometers each way.

I bought a new car i March, a Toyota Rav4, and now I had the chance to test the automobile. We drove about 2000 kilometers in 6 days, the car accomplished the test very well, with a lot of offroad driving as well.

It have been a good trip for me with the 3 Salmons, now the next big adventure is Seatroutfishing in the "Aurland river" in August.

Have posted some photos here, hope that you all will enjoy them.

Best regards

Chris <;))><

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home