Sunday, March 18, 2007

Trout at winthertime....

In winthertime trouts are hard to catch, it is really a challenge, but it can be done.

My daughter had spend the weekends with my sister, brother in law and their kids, and I was driving out to them to pick her up. My sister and her family have a house almost one hour drive up north of Bergen city, at a place named Eikangervaag and the coast-area around is knowned for good fishing-spots. Seatrout and Rainbowtrout and dozens of other saltwaterspecies is what you can get here. The streams and lakes have a beautiful Brown Trout also. I packed some gear in the car, my plan was a few casts before I was picking up my daughter.


I started to fish at a narrow strait between a lake and the sea, used my Burkheimer 790 Saltwater, Orvis Battenkill Large Arbour with a intermediate Striper Taper, and a synthetic tied Clouser on a Owner hook. And it worked very well, did not catch the big ones, hooked a big one but lost it and landed a nice small Brown Trout. I could even watch the trouts chasing the fly.



Conditions could not be more bad with temperature below freesing point and low-water, but today it was my day anyway.

Low-water is usually bad for fishing, but the low-water caused a strong stream in the strait that I could use when i was fishing the fly, and in combination with a heavy fly in syntetic material I turned the bad conditions into a good fishingexperience.

Early start on troutfishing for me this year, and a good start:-)

Great!

Chris <;))><

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home