Monday, July 31, 2006

FISHING BROWN TROUT





I got home on sunday from a very nice trip with my kids, we have been visiting some of my family 200 kilometers further north in the west of Norway. Spent 4 days near a nice small town with the name "Foerde". In the walley "Angedalen" my cousin and her husband are running a hotel for animals and pets. It is almost like a kennel, but the hotel have a higher standard. And when my kids did have a great time with all the different animals in the hotel, or went for a swim in the river by their property, I used some of the oppurtunities to look at the conditions for troutfishing.


My coho # 4 trout rod with my Lamson Radius 1.5, have gradually become a permanent companion on my trout-trips, and this weekend was no exception. I tried my dryflies and my nymphs in several streames and lakes, and got brown trouts by the dozen. Unfortunately not big ones, only trouts with the weight beetwen 0,2 - 0,6 lbs. My troutgear is actually a little bit to heavy for these fishes, a # 0 rod would be superb for this.

The nature in this part of Norway can really be quite magnificent, the photos speaks for them selves. Even though most of the trouts that I got is a speciality to eat, I released them all. I usually fish for the sport and not for food, but apart from my focus on the fishing, small trouts is very popular to fry in a frying pan, or to grill them on open fire. With salt, pepper and dill, sour cream, fresh warm home-made bread, lots of butter and mybee some new potatoes, it is delicious. A real snack.









This territory are further inland, not far from the nearest coast or salmonriver but interior country. Mountains and the forests have an enormous stock of game, and big game hunting, as well as fishing is very popular. I have picked out some photos and added in this post just to indicate the opportunities for fishing.

The streams and spots on the pics are just a few that I visited in the weekend, the spots are countless :-) All of them have trouts like them I catched, but some of them have real giants also. Enjoy the photos........


My son Christian joined me to one of the streams, he have not started with flyfishing yet, but he do baitfishing with worms. And he landed several nice trouts, even before I got my gear rigged :-)




This post became a lot bigger then I thought it would be, I love photographs as well as nature and rivers, and I added much more pics then I was thinking in the first place. It gives you all a scope of our nature and fishing-opportunities here in the the west of Norway. We have a really long winther, but the summer is just fantastic...

Chris <;))><

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of the pics in this post are very nice indeed. Hope you got some time to spend with your family apart from the fishing too ;-)

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home